I had a very pink, very girly, older layout in my ‘to re-do’ pile. It’s not terrible, but it was missing my signature style elements, so I knew I wanted to bring this page a bit more up to date. I thought that the The Girl Kit from Scraptastic would be the perfect kit to use for this, as it would blend well with the elements I wanted to keep.
The first thing I wanted to change was the title – it got a bit lost and seemed a bit disjointed from the rest of the layout. I had done a layout recently that I titled ‘Hens Night Hijinks’ so I didn’t want to keep this title, and instead took inspiration from the sash in the picture and called it ‘Bride to be’. I used a mix of block and cursive letter stickers.
I knew that there was no way I wouldn’t re-use the dress form die cut and made that the main focus of a cluster at the bottom right of the photo. I recycled the doily and a circle of patterned paper, and added a wood veneer and bow from the kit.
To balance out this cluster, I made a smaller one at the top left of the photo also. I had kept all but one of the papers from the original layers which I used to layer behind the photo, and added two patterned papers from the kit. That flower brad was also a carryover.
So here is my updated page – it is still quite similar to the original, but I am so much happier with it. It has a bit more interest and also flows better. I also have to mention the Shimelle rub on camera I added to the bottom corner – they are such beautiful rub ons to use!